THE LAW OF NATURE
'Vas' means 'to dwell' or 'to occupy'. Vasthu means 'dwelling place.' Vasthu Shastra is the set of guidelines prescribed by the Rishis or learned men of ancient India for planning and constructing our dwelling places which range from our homes, cities, states, countries and eventually extend to our planet and the universe!
Nature consists of Panchabhutam, the five elements - Akasham or Sky,Vaayu or Air,Agni or Fire,Bhumi or Earth,Jalam or Water The shastras or the ancient Indian texts on science tell us that cosmic energy has a specific influence on living beings.
Five elements reside in nature in specific proportions. Vasthu Shastra involves the alignment of these five basic elements according to the law of nature. The effects of these five elements have to be studied to appreciate the science of vasthu in its pure form and also to pacify skeptics who question the efficiency and validity of vasthu shastra.
The Vasthusasthram has developed over generations as a result of observations of the influence of the SUN and the MAGNETIC fields on earth and living bodies, mentally and physically.
For any problems that you may be having with your health, mental and body peace, it is recommended that you construct buildings "as per the principals of Vasthusasthra - THE LAW OF NATURE
THE SCIENCE OF VASTHU OF BUILDING
Before undertaking any construction of building you have to think of your financial position and requirements and consult an experienced engineer having a thorough knowledge of the preliminaries of Vasthu. While planning your home, remember to position your master bedroom in the southwest, sleeping with your head towards the south or east. Businessmen may sleep in the southeast or northwest bedroom. Our head has a magnetic power, and has to be placed opposite to the north i.e. place your head towards the south for a sound sleep.
The water tank should be positioned in the southwest / south / west and never the northeast. An underground tank or well in the northeast is considered good.
SOME IMPORTANT RULES OF VASTU SASTRA
- 1. Buy the land only after getting it examined by a Vastu expert
- 2. Before construction of the house perform adoration of the land and the foundation in auspicious time.
- 3. There must be enough provision in the construction of house to get maximum natural light, rays of morning sun and fresh air.
- 4. No restriction or blockade should be there in front of the door.
- 5. Sitting room, consulting room or the room where important decisions are taken should be in the north or east direction of the house.
- 6. Latrine, urinals, drain, manhole or sewage should be in north-west or south-east corner.
- 7. The face of worshipper should be in the direction of east, north or north-east.
- 8. For animals use north-west corner.
- 9. Items relating to fire such as kitchen furnace, generator, transformer or oil engine should be kept in south-east of the land.
- 10. Unwanted trees should not be sown on front-door front.
- 11. Main door of the factory, workshop, mill or school or any business establishment should never be in a corner.
- 12. The stream or flow of water (rain or collected) in north-east direction of the property is good for prosperity.